May is the chopping month for televisions shows; whether they’re getting renewed or canceled. While we’ve got renewal news in the last few months; there’s still more to come. So here’s my list of shows I hope get renewed.
The month of May is upon us and while that means summer is just around the corner for most; but to us, that means the intense waiting for the news of whether or not our favorite shows get renewed. I put together my top five list of TV shows that I hope get renewed.
5. Indebted (NBC): While this might not be on anyone’s list to watch; I really enjoyed tuning in to watch Fran Drescher be Fran Drescher in this family comedy about how a son and his wife taking in his mother and father because they’re in debt.
4. All Rise (CBS): This law drama has this feel of Judging Amy meets Boston Legal; but the ensemble cast is so good with very character-driven stories. I really enjoy the stories and characters, but I’m more drawn into the friendship between Judge Caramichel and D.D.A. Cullen, which doesn’t have a romance tied to it.
3. Zoey’s Extraordinary Playlist (NBC): The premise might seem out there, but just go with me here; Zoey gets an MRI and has an accident and develops powers to see the people around her to sing what they feel. This show is the perfect new series this season as it not only makes you laugh but feel and even makes you cry. I’ve cried a lot (like This Is Us type of crying).
2. Bluff City Law (NBC): This was one of my most anticipated new shows of the start of the season and while it had so much promise, news broke the network decided not to go with more episodes that they had ordered. I loved this series because it has not only great characters and stories, but the premise is so fascinating as it’s like LA Law for the little guy in away. Jimmy Smits and Caitlin McGee have amazing chemistry.
1. Single Parents (ABC): It was last season under the radar series that won me over and now I worry that this series could be on the chopping block. I love this series as it talks about single parents having this community of friends helping each other. If you like New Girl and Friends this is the show up your alley. Taran Killam and Leighton Meester steal the show with their brilliant chemistry. Three more episodes left this season!
You can catch recaps, reviews, interviews, and more by checking out TV Series Hub.